Our agreement with you
Our agreement with you provides:
- Information you will need to know before you book
- A step by step guide for booking your break
- Payment arrangements
- Information about arriving, staying and departing from your accommodation
- Information we will need to know about you and your party
- Change and cancellation arrangements, and contact details
To book your break
Please read our ‘before you book’ section which contains important information you need to consider before you book.
Visit our website or call us on 01530 411984. Note that you must be over 18 to make a booking.
Paying for your break:
A payment in full must be made in order to fully secure the cabin for you and must be at least 24 hours before your intended stay. Any balance can be paid by calling us on 01530 411984.
Please read our ‘change and cancellation arrangements’ section for information on refunds before booking your stay with us.
Please check the details on the confirmation email carefully. If any of the details are incorrect, or change, especially your address or contact details, you must inform a member of staff as soon as possible. You must also ensure that you pay any amount required in accordance with the ‘paying for your break’ section. If you do not, we will have the right to cancel your reservation, and keep or claim any amounts paid towards your break.
A contract (our agreement) is formed when we receive the required payment and you have received confirmation. This will be deemed to be 24 hours if done electronically, or 10 days if done by post. If you do not receive confirmation within these timescales, please contact us immediately.
Required payment means the full amount due for your break, or instalments agreed only by a member of staff.
Our agreement incorporates the entire contents of the confirmation, and this agreement, which will be sent alongside the confirmation.
Our agreement with you binds you – the person named on the agreement – and all members of your party, including children. You must ensure that all members of your party are aware of and accept all of this agreement. Our agreement continues until the last member of your party has left the farm, including any extension to your stay and for such times afterwards as may be necessary.
We will send you, either electronically or by post, a confirmation showing the price for your break and any additional charges. It will also detail payments received and due.
The price of your break and what it includes
The most up to date prices for your accommodation are shown on our website. Any prices shown on our website or other communications are subject to regular review and may change. The agreed price for your break will be quoted when you make the reservation and will be shown on the confirmation. Any prices shown on our website or other communications are subject to regular review and may change throughout the day.
The price includes:
- The rental of the accommodation
- Access to the hot tub facilities at your accommodation
- Towels and hand towels provided in the accommodation
Important information before you book
We welcome guests with restricted mobility, a disability, medical or particular care requirements. We aim to ensure that our services are as accessible as reasonably possible, so it is important that we are fully appraised of any needs, requirements, and conditions prior to any booking being concluded. Please call us on 01530 411984, to speak to a member of staff in further detail.
We rely on the information you provide to help us anticipate and satisfy your needs. We therefore require you to update us with any change in circumstances prior to and during your stay.
Medical assistance during your stay
We have 2 first aiders on site who can provide general first aid and limited medical assistance. As such it will often be necessary for a guest to be able to administer or attend to their own medical need or have someone accompany them who can do so.
Information about your party
We have the right to obtain the name, date of birth, address, and gender or each member of your party before confirming your booking or at any time. You (the booker) must be a member of your party unless we agree otherwise. Failure to provide us with full details of the makeup of your party prior to your arrival may result in access to your accommodation being denied or delayed.
We want to maintain a safe and secure environment for you and your family. We reserve the right to conduct security searches as a condition of entry to protect your safety and that of other visitors. We may conduct security searches of clothing, bags and vehicles, as determined by us in our reasonable discretion, including on entry and exit of your accommodation.
Gifting a stay on our farm
Should you wish to use one of our accommodations as a gift, you must contact a member of staff on 01530 411984 before making a booking. They will detail the special requirements that apply, and how to go about gifting a stay with us. By booking you are deemed to have accepted the special requirements that apply.
You may not advertise, use, give or resell your break to do so for profit or otherwise, or use it in connection with a competition, promotion, business, charity, or any other similar venture without our express advance written permission.
Please note our rights to cancel for breach of any terms in this agreement.
Before you arrive
Please complete your registration detailing all members of your party through the online booking form. You should inform us immediately if, within 4 weeks of you arrival date or during your break, any member of your party has, or develops, an infectious or contagious medical condition. If so we have the right to:
- Refuse to accept your booking
- Cancel your break; or
- Ask any members of your party to refrain from using the hot tub and certain facilities on our farm; or
- Ask any member of your party to leave the accommodation immediately, should we, at our discretion consider it necessary to protect the health of other guests, staff, or the general public.
You should advise our first aiders of any other special medical circumstances, such as member of your party being terminally ill. Such information will be treated sensitively.
You may arrive from 2pm on your arrival date and are welcome to view our livestock and walk around our farm and woodland from that time. Your accommodation will be available from 2pm. The latest check-in we offer is 6:30pm, unless by pre-arrangement with a member of staff.
Check-in is available in the farm café during its opening hours: Friday and Saturday 10am-3pm, and Sunday 10am-1pm. Outside of these hours, instructions will be on the main farm gates detailing how to find the farmhouse for check in.
Caravans/campervans/motorhomes are not permitted to park at the log cabins.
Your check in
Check in will involve completing a terms and conditions of your stay form, in which you will agree to an additional £50.00 cleaning charge being applied if the accommodation requires extensive cleaning, or the hot tub needing to be drained and refilled. You will also need to provide card details as a form of charging the additional cleaning fee.
Whilst on the farm
Our aim is to provide a relaxed break suitable for families in a natural environment. To ensure the maximum enjoyment of your break and that of all our other guests, you must comply with all of the requirements in this agreement. We draw your particular attention to the paragraphs below and to the safety of the other information you will receive on or before your arrival. You must also note and comply with verbal or written guidance, especially safety guidance supplied to you by a member of staff. You must comply with all notices.
Behaviour and compliance with this agreement
You are responsible for the behaviour of all members of your party. Behaviour should be in keeping with the family environment and should not be excessive, noisy, or disruptive, especially at night. Offensive or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in the police getting involved. Offensive or aggressive behaviour or language towards our staff will not be accepted. We may ask you and/or any member of your party to leave immediately if your conduct results in police attendance or is considered by us to be inappropriate; likely to cause harm, or impair the enjoyment, comfort, or safety of anyone; or is likely, in our belief, to breach of any of this agreement. No refunds or compensation will be given in these circumstances and we reserve the right to not accept any future bookings from you or any member of your party.
Children’s supervision and parental responsibility
There must be at least one capable and responsible adult over the age of 18 in every accommodation unit.
You are responsible for the supervision of all members of your party under the age of 18.
This is particularly important in all children’s play areas, in licensed areas, close to lakes and waterways, whilst cycling and in the hot tubs. Parties who are not supervising their children responsibly may be asked to put appropriate arrangements in place or to leave the relevant facility. Children’s activities are unsupervised unless otherwise stated.
Facilities and activities
- A range of activities are detailed on our Facebook page or on our website, and an activity/event is run almost every weekend during shop opening hours.
- We operate a ‘first-come-first served’ policy so we cannot guarantee you will be able book a certain break with ourselves
- Activities that take place outdoors are subject to appropriate weather conditions prevailing at the time the activity is to take place
- During the winter months outdoor activities may be limited
- We will not pay compensation where activities/certain bookings are not available
- You must ensure that any activities you take part in during your stay are suitable for the members of your party taking part
- You must arrange supervision for children under the age of 18 taking part in activities
Security of your property
We draw your special attention to the following:
- Your personal belongings are your responsibility during your break with us
- Vehicles parked on our property are subject to very limited security. You must lock your vehicle securely and remove all valuable items on parking. We accept no responsibility for damage caused to your vehicle during your stay.
- Safes are provided in your accommodation and are recommended for use during your stay.
- We accept no liability for any accident, loss or damage to your property unless such loss, damage or accident is demonstrably due to our negligence.
- We will offer reasonable help to assist you in tracing lost items, however we can only keep lost items for 30 days.
Please keep to prepared roads, paths and tracks at all times and treat all property and facilities carefully and appropriately.
Any damage to hedgerows, trees, crops, or plants is not accepted, and if behaviour regarding our property is deemed to be unacceptable, we reserve the right to ask you or any member of your party to leave the premises.
Please note and remember that our farm is in a forest/countryside setting that is a natural habitat for a variety of native creatures such as snakes, insects, spiders, rodents, ticks, and birds. Please respect the habitats of all creatures while on our farm. We have planted areas of nectar and pollen plants to encourage butterflies and bees as well as siting bat and owl boxes around the farm, and we ask all members of the public/guests/staff to respect these areas.
You must use your accommodation and its contents with care and leave it in a clean and tidy condition on departure. An accommodation inventory is available in advance on request and is provided in your accommodation on arrival. We reserve the right to charge you for any extra cleaning, missing items or damage.
We reserve the right to enter your accommodation at any time for any reasonable purpose, for example, to make checks, maintenance work, or housekeeping. Your accommodation is not exclusive.
The members of your party and the allocation of guests in each accommodation unit must remain the same for your whole stay.
The maximum number of guests in each accommodation type must not be exceeded. If it is, we reserve the right to remove those additional members from the property.
You are required to follow any safety advice provided to you. Please note in particular:
- Diving is not permitted in the spas
- No swimming is permitted in the lakes or waterways
- Barbeques are not permitted inside the accommodation. Outdoor BBQ’s must be small and raised off the floor, and must not be used when grass fire risks are high
- Take particular care not to do anything that might cause a fire – dispose of cigarettes and BBQ’s responsibly
- Fireworks may not be bought onto the farm or used on our premises
- Do not enter or attempt to enter a facility that is closed and pay particular attention to safety signs on the farm
Driving around the farm
Please stick to the strict 10mph speed limit while on the farm and be aware of both farm traffic and visitors crossing the road to the farmyard. Please take care when driving. Sleepers, boulders, logs and posts are placed to prevent damage to the roadsides and unauthorised parking. No liability is accepted for any damage caused by these markers unless due to our negligence.
All vehicles should be parked in authorised areas. Vehicular access is required for emergency vehicles, and farm machinery. We will not be liable to any damage caused to your vehicle if it is not parked in a specified area and it obstructs an emergency service vehicle.
Legislation and licensed premises
Certain events ran throughout the year as part of our diversification project serve alcohol. We shall not serve alcohol to anyone who is, or appears to be under the age of 18, and cannot prove they are over 18, or whom we, in our sole discretion, consider to have been drinking excessively. We will accept a photo driving licence, a passport or proof of age scheme which carries the PASS logo hologram.
Smoking – including e-cigarettes is not permitted in any buildings but is permitted on the main farmyard, or on the decking of accommodation. Please discard of cigarettes in the provided dishes.
You must ensure that:
- As a minimum, each dogs has a current annual vaccination for distemper, canine hepatitis, leptospirosis, and parvo virus
- Each dogs is properly supervised, is not dangerous and does not cause nuisance or threat to anyone
- When our staff need to visit your accommodation, you take your dog(s) out or keep them in a different room while these visits take place and comply with any specific instructions provided to you
Dogs (except assistance dogs) are not permitted in any building except your accommodation and the farm café. They must be kept on a lead at all times when outside your accommodation, and you must ensure that all mess is cleaned up after them.
If we, in our sole discretion, consider your dog to be dangerous or causing a nuisance, harm or threat to anyone, or to be likely to do so, we may ask you to remove it from the premises or have it removed to kennels at your expense. No other pets are permitted.
No shotgun, knife, firearm, air weapon, archery equipment, fireworks, illegal substances or similar items may be bought onto the farm under any circumstances by you or any member of your party.
You may experience noise from farm traffic, animals, and activities from time-to-time. This is beyond our control.
Compensation payable by you
By booking you agree that we have the right either during or after your stay to recover from you, via the card details provided on check-in, the cost of:
- Any property or accommodation damage
- Any compensation we may pay to others due to circumstances created by your party
- Any other costs, fees, or levies which may incur, resulting from your or any member of your party’s action or inaction and from any breach of this agreement
You must vacate your accommodation by 11am at the latest on your day of departure. The hot tub must be vacated by 10am to allow for servicing.
Please return your key to a member of staff or leave in the back of the door for the cleaner to collect.
You are welcome to continue to enjoy the facilities on the farm until we close at 4pm.
Changing or cancelling your booking
You may change your booking with us for any reason provided the change is made at least 14 days before your arrival. Each change is subject to availability.
You may only change your arrival date once, and this must be within 4 weeks of the initial arrival date, otherwise the change will be treated as a cancellation and you will have to rebook your stay.
Please note that a change of date or accommodation will be likely to involve a change in price of your break. The price payable is the greater of; your original break cost, or the price of your revised break change which applies at the time of your change. No difference will be refunded.
Prevented from taking your break
If you are unable from taking your break, please call us on 01530 411984, as soon as possible and we may be able to assist. You may not, under any circumstances, transfer your booking to anyone without our consent.
Cancellation by you
You may cancel your booking at any time. However, a fee will be charged as follows:
More than 10 weeks before arrival date = 20% of full booking cost
More than 8 weeks before arrival date = 50% of full booking cost
More than 4 weeks before arrival date = 75% of full booking cost
4 weeks or less = 100% of full booking cost
In order to cancel your break, please call 01530 411984.
Cancellation and changes by us
We have the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse to confirm any reservation. Where we have indicated that we will not accept a booking from you or accept your presence on our premises, we reserve the right at our sole discretion to cancel any booking you may have made or refuse to allow you to enter our accommodation or ask you to leave the premises. If we do so (subject to the provisions of the paragraph below) we will refund any payment made but will not pay any compensation.
We have the right to cancel your booking, or to instruct you or your party to leave the premises immediately, without compensation or refund, should you or any of your party not comply with this agreement, particularly terms relating to behaviour and conduct.
If we are aware in advance that:
- The hot tubs will not be available for a significant period we will offer you the following options, subject to availability:
- Change the start of your break
- Change to another accommodation
- Continue with your break
Credit/charge or debit card payments will be refunded via the same card number or to the intermediary.
- This agreement and any dispute between us will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales over any matter arising out of our agreement or your visit. We must both act reasonably in selecting or agreeing any jurisdiction including any forum for dispute resolution.
- Your stay will not give rise to any tenancy agreement between us.
- Should any part of our agreement be deemed by law to be void, the remainder of this agreement will, if capable, continue in full force and effect. The headings in this agreement are included for convenience only and shall not affect its interpretation or construction.
- In all cases, except personal injury or death, our liability to you for the total claims arising out of your break with us is limited to the cost of your booking less any cancellation, amendment, or separate charges. We will not be responsible for any matters that result from any unforeseeable events that are beyond our control.
Can we help?
Any assistance you require, or concerns should be brough to our attention immediately to a member of staff. We aim to give prompt assistance to you if you are in difficulty and aim to respond promptly to any concerns you raise so that you can continue to enjoy your break.